Saturday, January 26, 2008

Lazy weekend

It's been a while. After an up and down few weeks things have settled down again.

Work is going great, I'm working less hours and have my routine back. J's accounts are closing regularly and I am really proud of him. He has some great friends there who have given him a lot of guidance. His field can be tough and discourageing. I'm really proud of him though!

Church is good, although we are currently dealing with the loss of a precious 5 year-old. David Hutson has had numerous obstacles in his few years. He spent the past few months at a hospital in Cincinnati for the doctors to try to find what exactly is wrong with him. They finally brought him home to Memphis the first week of January. He seemed to be doing well but was admitted to LeBonheur Children's Hospital at the beginning of this week. He lost his battle Thursday afternoon. As my mom put it, "He is in the place we all are striving to be". While we are all devastated to lose such a precious child, we know he has no more pain and no more long hospital stays. Please pray for the Hutson family as they deal with the loss of Davis.

Thus far this weekend has been a much needed lazy weekend. We brought Chinese home and then went to our friends' Ben and Anna Reid's house. Their daughter Macie Mae (3)is so precious. She calls me her "best friend" and insists we play dollhouse everytime I walk in the door. Charlie(1)is the cutest blond-headed boy. We slept in this mornign until the Direct TV guy arrived. We've had Comcast for two years and have complained about our service for two years. FINALLY J got us Direct TV. We turn in the Comcast 'box' on Monday so we're trying to catch up on all the shows saved on it. :) Ridiculous, I know! I made a Gluten-Free Pasta Faigioli my sister gave me with Turkey for lunch and we've just bummed around the house since then. We've managed to get some of the house clean, maybe we'll finish tomorrow. :) I did finally finish the guest bathroom. We painted it a honey color and I have new shower curtains and wall decor from work. I love free product:).

Tonight we're making lemon pepper tilapia, zuchini and squash, and crescent rolls. (For J, not me). Then J is taking me on a date! We're going to see "27 Dresses" and to get ice cream. I love lazy weekends. I want it to never end. :)

No comments: