Saturday, November 10, 2007

My birthday weekend!

Last weekend was my birthday, and J had planned an entire weekend trip for my birthday. We left the house Friday afternoon with J's car loaded up. He gave me three envelopes with clues as to where we were going (Birmingham and Atlanta), what we were doing (Georgia Aquarium, IKEA, shopping), and where we were staying (Victorian B&B in Birmingham). About 30 minutes down the road J's car started making weird noises, long story short - his entire clutch blew. Not exactly a very encouraging start to our weekend. Two hours later after a tow truck, friend to take us home, loaded up my car, we were back on the road to Birmingham. I questioned if we should still be going but J was adamant this wouldn't ruin our weekend. He's the best. We stayed at a Victorian B&B in downtown Birmingham. It was amazing! Our room looked like it was about 150 years old. It was beautiful! Saturday we woke up and J gave me me mom's package for my birthday. It was a finished cross stitch she started when we lived in San Donato, (about 14 years ago!), and this My Doll, an Italian doll. Of course the card made me cry because I wish they could be here, but they'll be back soon. We drove to Atlanta, met up with Charlie and Rachel Nix, and went to the Aquarium, IKEA, Anthropology, etc. J also gave me a Blackberry Pearl! I love it! That night we ate at Red Lobster ( my meal was free!) and stayed at Charlie and Rachel's house. They even made me a rice crispy treat birthday cake! :) We went to church Sunday morning and drove home. It was nice to come home early in the day and be able to bum around the house, something we don't have time to do very often. Car aside, it was a wonderful weekend and I am so grateful for J and his surprise ability. He really made it special.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's a jewel!I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time. I loved the pictures from the Aquarium.Car repairs are just a fact of life.How smart you were to not let it effect the whole weekend.Remember the time we went without the New Yorker for three months, parked out back, and it turned out to be a $23 hose?Love you, Mama