Wednesday, October 17, 2007

State Fair of Texas, Trish, & Auditing

This past weekend J and I drove to Dallas to visit his family. We went to the State Fair of Texas, which was AMAZING! It was so much fun. I have been incredibly blessed to have such phenomenal in-laws. They made it a lot of fun for us. I couldn't help but think about Jordan and Christian the whole time. They would have loved the rides and booths and fried everything! Of course, I couldn't eat any of the weird fried things, but J did get me a tornado potatoe. We had a great weekend with them as well as Brooke and Ryan.

After weeks and weeks of hard work I finally am through with my first audit from corporate! Trish Buyer, VP of Operations, visited my design center today and audited my folders, AR reports, PO reports, DOSR's, etc. She has a reputation for being extremely meticulous and detailed, so I was a bit nervous to say the least! She was a tremendous help and apparently we are "operationally sound"! Justin (Houston District Regional Project Manager, based out of Houston) told me I was doing "phenomenal, and everyone really loves you here". He also said I was a "valuable asset to our team and incredibly appreciated". I was floored!! He has NEVER complimented me, much less to that extent. Justin, Trish, and Todd (my immediate boss, Houston District Operations Controller) could tell I was very happy. Now the internal auditors (for Sarbanes Oxley Testing) come on Monday and Tuesday. Todd will be back for those 2 days and then we travel to Little Rock for their audit and physical inventory. Crazy week, but if I can get through all that, we'll be good to go. God has blessed us tremendously! I cannot believe how well today went.....God is good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the balance:)Make sure you and Justin have a great weekend just hanging out and relaxing and then when you get home from the Little Rock audit you need to stay home and make some chili, cornbread--and carve a pumpkin for your porch. Do you have your hay bale yet?I'm glad all went well for you. It's getting cold here. I went and got my hair cut today in Citta' di Castello and I really like it. Only six more weeks! Love you, Mama