Saturday, October 6, 2007

Why do we work?

Tonight I am questioning why we work. I know it is to make a living, but then we spend so much time working to live well, that we loose ourselves completely. Tonight I saw how much my work affects me. I took what was an extremely frustrating day and took it out on the one person in this world that loves me the most. I just became mean and selfish and difficult. That is not me and I hate it. I have gotten scarily close to losing myself in work. I enjoy my job, but if I don't learn to seperate it from my TRUE life....I will alienate myself from reality.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll find a balance, just don't ever stop trying. It's not easy. Just remember, your most important job is to be his helpmeet. Be there for him and the rest will fall in place. Whatever gets left undone will be the least important. God will give you enough time in your day to get done what He knows you need to do most of all.I love you. We're home now and I was so happy to see that you'd written while I've been gone. I've missed the two of you. The weeks are flying by! Love you, Mama

Anonymous said...

Go to www.owcl.blogspot.com and read her May 22 entry. It's funny to find someone with your exact same take. I really enjoy reading about her various projects. Poor Dad! I have about 15 years of projects ready in my mind...I miss you. Love,Mama