Sunday, September 23, 2007

Craft shows and puppies

Today I realized how blessed I am. I have a phenomenal husband, 2 big amazing families, great friends, and a job I love. This morning I got to watch J as he taught the 9th and 10th grade class at church. To see how much he has evolved as a teacher over the past year and half is amazing. I am so proud of him. After lunch we lounged around until my friend Angela (another God-send) came over with her new puppy, Reilly. We took Reilly and my pug, Miss Piggy, to the Cordova Arts and Craft show. They encourage people to bring their pets. All the booths have water bowls for the puppies, and fans, and blankets to lay on. It's a very fun environment. We ran into a woman who worked with a vet for years and she gave me some insight into Miss Piggy. (For those who don't know, J and I found Miss Piggy on the side of the road in January. We do not know her age) She said her size is perfect and she looks very healthy. Good to know. J and I go back and forth daily on whether she's too fat or too skinny. Now I am home after a good afternoon. The only sad part is I wish I hadn't missed mom's phone call. Please don't forget to call tomorrow! :) Say a pray for us this week. We (Ethan Allen) begin our quarterly Sarbanes Oxley testing. (Auditing). I am held responsible for the results so I feel a bit of pressure. Also, we are deciding on whether to go to a different doctor about my Celiac disease. I'm not happy with my current doctor and want to get a second opinion. Pray for strength and patience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you finally wrote something new!And I'm sorry you weren't home when I called. I'll be praying for you this week. The boys and I enjoyed reading this together this morning.The group is gone all this week on free travel:)Then we have only four days before leaving for Greece for 9 days. We're taking the ferry from Ancona instead of flying over this time. Anything you want me to bring you from Greece? We're driving into the Northerm part this trip, with only the four day cruise. I'll call you at 7am your time. Love you, Mama