Monday, October 1, 2007

New beginnings

This past weekend J and I drove to Jackson, Tennessee to my sister's new house. Tim and Katie just moved from Searcy with their 2 babies, Gabriel and Maria. The house is so cute. It has so much personality. They have always lived in new homes and this one is a little older. It takes less work to give older houses character. The 4 of us worked from 8:30pm - 1:30am unloading the moving truck. It was insane! I have never been so sore in my life! When I and I finally got in bed we couldn't even talk we were so tired. Katie and I went shopping Saturday morning and left the babies with the boys. Over the rest of the weekend we were able to paint Gabe's room, paint the entire living room, take out the old appliances, bring in all the furniture, bring in all the new kitchen tiles, steam cleaned all the carpets, etc. Exhausting but worth it. It will be a great home for them. I got to talk to mom for almost an hour. I wish she could be here enjoying all this with Katie too. Only 9 weeks until they get home!

Prayer request - I am still on the hunt for a new doctor. I have decided my current doctor is ripping me off and making me visit far too often. I am going to try a regular family doctor and not a gastroenterology center. I am secretly hoping the new doctor will tell me I don't have celiac disease! :) Somehow I doubt it....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for all you did for your sister. I talked to her today and she was so grateful. She is loving the house. I can't wait to be back home and see it. I'm praying for your choice in Dr.s. I think you've made a great decision.We leave Wed. morning for Greece. Only one night in Corinth and one night in Athens. The rest of the time we'll be on the boat. We're taking the ferry to and from Ancona instead of flying this time.We learned about the twelve Greek Gods today and as we were drawing a picture of Aphrodite, Christian got all sad and said he missed her!He was talking about your sweet dog. Gone, but NOT forgotten! I can't wait to see you. Not much longer! Have a good week and hug Justin for us. Love, Mama