Sunday, February 3, 2008

New start!

Well J is now in Dallas heading to his hotel. His first day with On Board Communication is tomorrow! He is so excited and I am so proud of him! He gave his final notice at Paramount this past Friday and it could not have gone better. He was even able to sit down with the owner and discuss the reasons he was leaving and vent all of his frustrations. He was thrilled!! God truly worked a miracle.

Thursday night we went to see a play with our friends Ben and Anna Reid, then we babysat their kids Saturday during the Hutson funeral. My sister, her husband and their two kids came for the day and all four kids played outside. It was the most beautiful weather, we could not have asked for a better day to play outside. We played Rock Bank with Ben and Anna Reid for a while and then everyone left. J and I went to see Dan In Real Life (great movie!!), shopped a while and went to Carabba's. They have a gluten-free menu which makes it easy for me! It was a beautiful night so we walked around the Collierville outdoor mall for a while. We so often get caught up in the stress of work and business of life that we rarely stop to just enjoy walking and holding hands. I hated thinking of being away from J for the next 2 weeks, so I really enjoyed our alone time together away from tv. We slowly drove home and spent the rest of the night packing our stuff and cleaning out both cars.

This morning we packed all our stuff up and went to church. After church we ate lunch together and headed our seperate ways. I was so sad. I hate being away from him. He drove towards Texas and I drove to my parents house in Henderson. I'm taking off tomorrow and staying here until Tuesday morning.

Say a prayer for J as he begins this new job. He is so excited and thrilled for a new challenge. This company fought hard for him and it's great to see his hard work being rewarded. God is great!

1 comment:

angela said...

Hey Justin Cates! It is Angela Hackler Thomas! I found your blog from another person's blog. Sounds like you are doing well. Look forward to seeing you at the reunion in a few years!