Sunday, November 25, 2007

Needing prayers

Hope everyone's Thanksgiving went well. We drove to Texas to spend the holiday with J's family. That part of our trip was great. We were able to spend a full week with Ryan and Brooke and four days with the rest of the family. I have been extremely blessed to marry into a wonderful family. These past few days have been proof of that. I told Justin early last week that I was pregnant. We told his family on Thanksgiving day. We have been praying so hard for God to bless us with a child, and it had finally happened. Thursday night I lost the baby. I was about 6-8 weeks pregnant. We are asking for prayers for strength, patience, and guidance from God. This is not something we understand, or ever will understand, and we must accept that. We know God does not give us more than we can handle, but this is by far the biggest challenge we have encountered.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know we will be praying for you and Justin, and have faith that one day soon our family will be blessed with a little "Baby Cates"-who will quickly be spoiled rotten! I wish we could do something to lessen the hurt, but we are comforted in knowing God will carry your burden if you let Him. We love you both so much. Only four more days!!!

Anonymous said...

You know we will be praying for you and Justin, and have faith that one day soon our family will be blessed with a little "Baby Cates"-who will quickly be spoiled rotten! I wish we could do something to lessen the hurt, but we are comforted in knowing God will carry your burden if you let Him. We love you both so much. Only four more days!!!

Luke Thorkildsen said...

Hello Cates family! I just wanted you to know our hearts are with you. We experienced a miscarriage before Josselin. It is not an easy thing to understand. But just know in it all, when it doesn't make since to you, the Lord has a plan. It's just so big you can't see it. Take comfort in each other. Losing our first baby brought Luke & I to a level of closeness we hadn't known before. In the darkness of night the Lord reveals Himself, so His light may shine brightest. Praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Hey ya'll - sorry I have been out of touch for so long. I hope to be better... I am really sorry to hear the news. Holly and I will keep you both in our prayers.

Anyways, I hope to see you soon.

- Tim Bewley

April Jackson said...

I just wanted to let you two know that Chris and I have been praying for you guys. We can't wait to see ya'll when you come to Dallas for Christmas!!