Thursday, September 13, 2007

Oh work....

Lately work has been a bit stressful for both J and I. He has huge accounts he is trying to close and all of the frustrations that go with that. He works so hard and I want to see him close these accounts and be rewarded. I know I need to be patient and allow God to open and close the doors for J. I want to control it and make everything work for him.

As far as my job, I have been working way too much. I'm averaging 45-50 hours a week, not including the work I bring home. I love my job so much, but finding the balance between work and home has been difficult. I made the decision today to no longer bring work home. I need to be enjoying the time J and I have together. My boss Todd (lives in Houston, visits me about 3 days a month) has been here this week and we discussed my job appraisal (Corporate does this at the beginning of each fsical year). Thank goodness he gave me nothing but great feedback! I truly have been blessed with the perfect boss. With the stresses of our jobs, he is calm at all times and very encourageing. Pray that God gives us patience. And thank God that we both have good, stable jobs that we enjoy.

2 comments:

April Jackson said...

Yeah you have a blogspot! Hope everything is going alright for you and Justin. I know that work can get crazy and you def. made the right decision to not bring work home with you. It's already hard to mentally not bring it home with you! You guys just need to move here and then you would have friends even closer!! Miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you have a blog now! I will check it obsessively twice a day at least. I can't wait to be back home and catching up on all the little things. We bought you and Justin a little something at the San Lorenzo market for your birthdays and will get it in the mail this week. Jordan and Christian read a scripture each at church this morning. I started crying. I was SO proud of Jordan. Time for pizza. Ci vediamo adopo! Mama